Terms & Conditions
1. Hire rates quoted include:
• VAT (17.5%)
• Unlimited miles
• UK standard vehicle insurance
• UK Standard equipment & breakdown
Insurance loading. In some cases, Westcoast Campers will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has traffic convictions, is using a non-UK driving license or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer.
Westcoast Campers will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the camper. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in camper van etc will be the responsibility of the client.
Standard excess. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB£1000.00. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB£1000.00. The hirer will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windows, tyre damage and loss of keys
3. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
CDW at £12.50 per day will reduce the excess for any damage caused in a collision to either the vehicle or third party property to £150.The CDW does not cover the replacement or repair to windows, tyre damage, loss of keys or any damage caused due to negligence. Applies in respect of each claim, not Rental.
Please note that the CDW Insurance is completely optional and can be decided upon collection of your vehicle. After the hire has commenced, CDW insurance cannot be taken out.
4. Overhead Damage
All drivers must be aware of the height of the camper van and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear - the obvious examples are height restrictions into car parks etc. In this event neither the Basic Insurance nor Collision Damage Waiver Insurance will apply and the hirer will be responsible for the repair of all damages.
5. Security Deposit
Credit card details will be required but there will be no charges providing the camper is returned un-damaged, to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time, in the same condition as it was let out in with the interior clean including all cooking appliances and the fuel tank full of fuel.
Note: Where the hirer has opted for the CDW option, a credit card will be required for the reduced £150 excess but they should be aware that a £500 security deposit will also be required to fund any loss or damage to equipment, fixtures and fittings, windows, tyres, loss of keys or negligent damage to the vehicle. Should these damages exceed £500 the customer will be liable for the total cost and the difference will need to be settled within seven days of returning the camper van.
· Bike rack (holds up to 4 bikes) £3 per day
· Additional driver with a UK licence £5 per person per day, clean driving licence
· Points on licence :( £2.50 - £10.00) per day. Depending on number & type of points
Driver with non UK driver’s licence £2.50 per day
· Additional driver with a non UK driver's licence :£4 per day
7. Minimum Hire
This ranges from 2 to 7 days depending on the season. Christmas and New Year minimum 7 days hire. Please check with Westcoast Campers at the time of booking.
· Age limits: 21 to 70 years. Drivers between the ages of 21 – 25 will incur a surcharge of £5 per day
Drivers must have held a valid licence for 1 year
· All drivers must be present at checkout of the camper van.
· Production of a valid standard driver's licence, Photo card and paper counterpart as well as a passport and utilities bill are required from all drivers at the start of hire.
· Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets, congestion charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire.
· Maximum of 3 drivers per rental.
9. Collection and return times
Collection is any time after 9am and return must be before 4pm on the day of return.
10. One ways not permitted.
Follow these 3 easy steps and you can rest assured that your van will be waiting fuelled up and ready to go upon your arrival:
01. Select your departure dates.
02. Telephone or email us to confirm availability.
03. A deposit of £150 is payable upon booking (the balance is payable 30 days before the hire date.
We will email you booking confirmation when we receive your booking form
Cheque (made payable to Westcoast Campers)
11. Credit Cards
Most credit and debit cards accepted.
12. Cancellation charges
· More than 6 weeks before: Booking Deposit
· 6 weeks - 2 weeks: 50% of total hire charge
· 2 weeks - No Show: 100% of total hire charge
13. Administration Charges
Should Westcoast Campers receive penalty charge notices for speeding, parking fines or congestion charges then an administration fee of £25..00 will be added to the charge to cover all administration and postage costs.
14. Collection & Return
Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot - to complete the documentation and demonstrate your vehicle to you. Please allow the same on your return.
Return: The vehicle must be returned on the date, and before the time stated, on the rental agreement. Vehicles must be returned in the same condition as they left the depot, otherwise a charge will be made.
Late return: If you will be late returning, Westcoast Campers must be advised immediately. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £15 per hour will be payable for all late returns